The Seven Step Process for Setting and Achieving Your Goals
1. Decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. Be specific!
2. Write it down, clearly and in detail.
3. Set a specific deadline. If it is a large goal, break it down into sub-deadlines and write them down in order.
4. Make a list of everything you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of new items, add them to your list.
5. Organize the items on your list into a plan by placing them in the proper sequence and priority.
6. Take action immediately on the most important thing you can do on your plan. This is very important!
7. Do something every day that moves you toward the attainment of one or more of your important goals. Maintain the momentum!
By Brian Tracy